Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Nostalgia of Childhood


She was going through this since the past few months. She knew what had passed and definitely what was coming. But she shunned those powerful thought waves that recurrently tried to narrate to her the prologue of the book which was written in a language which she had never come across. She shut the pages of the book whenever they unfurled to acquaint her to the messages hidden in them with her complacence. But she had to read them one day, and then was it when she had to come out of her abode of immunity and face the real world. “Independence” is what people call this. For a few days even she was beguiled by the beauty of the novel experiences that were splashing onto her and the contentment of achieving what she had dreamed of. But she was unknown of the intermittent changes that were slowly modifying the definition of her life. And then one day she found herself landed on a destination from where she could never go retreat to the other side. Suddenly she realized  that now she was a “grown up” and could never even imagine to go back to the lovely land of childhood. Those wonderful days guarded by parenthood and free from the shackles of responsibility, she wondered where they had disappeared suddenly. But she felt even more miserable when it struck to her that those were never to come again.  
Can I ever again run back to my mother to complain when I am hit by the wall,
Can I ever again fight with my sister over a Barbie doll,
Can I ever again bug my father for my favourite chocolate,
Can I ever again fight with my best friend for scribbling on my slate,
Can I ever again go high in a swing and laugh out on touching the sky,
Will I ever again be scolded by my mom on telling a lie,
Will I ever again innocently enjoy watching a cartoon,
And doze off to sleep when mother narrates the story of uncle moon........

Such thoughts were pouncing onto her again and again and she had to combat them to find peace. She stopped those thoughts from hitting her by her intellectual maturity. This was a part and parcel of the journey called life, she finally understood and may be “Responsibility” has a charm of its own she thought and smiled...................

6 comments:

  1. Felt like reading pages of the Diary of "She" and I have connected the remaining dots :)

    Keep blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back... There's one sentence going through my mind all day today... "Smile while you can..." That suits.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dun think I can say da same thin...i guess we've been out of touch 4 so long dat its hard 2 connect da dots..:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya...We have grown up..And a bitter truth, it is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we were small we always wanted to grow up quickly.. and now we wanna go back to childhood..

    that time i agree was good but evn now we have many good things to do... there is no point in lamenting.. isnt it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god..
    dpu..... marvellous....
    but being grown up is really scary..
    nd u hv again made me realize the fact....

    ReplyDelete